Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How our story began...( Alex's Version)

In November of 2008 I got my mission call to the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission. What??? Oklahoma??? Ya that's what I thought too. But as my Grandma Miller continued to read on, it turned out that it was a mission made perfect. I was going Spanish speaking!!! Little did I know at the time but that my life would be changed forever in more ways then one. Even in ways I never would have expected. I entered the Missionary Training Center in February 2009. Timing really is everything..... My family had always joked with me that I would find my wife on my mission, and I was always the first to say "that's not happening, forget about it". (My dad meet my mom on his mission so that's where all the talk of me meeting my wife on my mission came from.)  I guess at times we really don't understand the BIG picture of things and I was no exception to the rule. I started my mission out in Springdale Ar, then to Bentonville Ar, Fort Smith Ar, Berryville Ar, Tulsa Ok. One little side note, something I don't even think I have ever shared with Julie. I was actually transferred to Fort Smith Ar after Springdale Ar but the night before President Merkley called and transferres were changed having me going to Bentonville Ar instead of  Fort Smith. I was in Bentonville Ar for 4 and a half months. So yep you got it I would have never even crossed paths with Sister Roberts (Julie) if it wasn't for that little change in course for me. Or most likely not have. I meet Sister Roberts (Julie) for the first time in Fort Smith Ar and I remember to this day how I felt and I am a little bit hesitant to say this but I had feelings for her from the first time I saw her but I always told myself I couldn't feel like that. I didn't get it I was on my mission and I was like what the CRAP why do I feel like that. I got excited to go to district meetings to be able to see her and of course be with all my missionary friends but more for her for some reason. I was transferred a month and a half later. That night stunk horribly because it hurt to leave the people but also to leave Julie behind and with the thought that I would never see her again. I actually can't remember why but I figured out a reason to call the Sisters and talk to her the night before I left.:) Shhhhhhh..... ha ha It was legit don't worry!!! So I left and thought the story was over but it wasn't. I every so often would have these feelings or reminders come to me of her and wonder where she was and how she was. I even would go look at the photos of the District, the Best district ever. I always couldn't believe I had those thoughts come to me.  But it gave me comfort that I was going to be able to go home with her so I didn't worry to much plus I was on a mission and trying to fulfill what I was suppose to be doing. I saw her a couple of other times and we talked like the best of friends ever time we saw each other. I always got so much crap for talking to her but oh well. It payed off I guess. Like Julie said we went to the mission home a week early because of all the horrible weather. Not going to lie I was ready to come home and see her and everyone again. Don't for one second think I thought I would actually even date her but I did have feels at times that told me I would marry her. I never told anyone but maybe one companion because I didn't know what to think about those thoughts. So we exchanged info in the mission home and went home. I came back and life was not that great at all. Dating was lame and not what I was wanting at all. I thought later about Julie and that I should get in touch with her, I think I may have already but I wanted to pursue it. She was always in the back of mind. But it all happened the way it did for a reason. We began to talk and became best friends as we talked about mission things and how home life stunk at times and helped each other look at the bright sides of all things. She really became the only one in the world I would tell anything and everything to. She came to La Grande after I begged her to. JK But we went on a lunch date and I really didn't ever have it planned out completely but it just all came together by the grace of God I feel now. God had his hand in it all. I really didn't want her to go when she left but I knew she had to. We talked her whole trip down to Utah and Idaho and after about a month of talking I finally couldn't last any longer without seeing her. Now the rest is History!!!!! She became my Everything!!! The Girl I had fallin love with so many months earlier without me even knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment