Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How our story began... (Julie's Version)

In March 2009 I got my mission call to the Tulsa Oklahoma Mission!! Woot Woot.. I didn't know then what that call all would entail... I was so excited to finally achieve that childhood dream of serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I entered the MTC on July 25, 2009. I served in Branson Mo, Fayetteville AR, Greenwood AR, and Rolla Mo. It was the best experience of my life. I met Elder Miller (Alex) for the first time in Fort Smith AR. While I was serving in the little town of Greenwood:) We served in the same district there for a transfer. The only thing I really remember was that he was from La Grande Oregon...( also known as my second home.) We always went camping growing up in Ukiah and we went to La Grande every trip for lunch and dinner and to hang out in a civil area haha. We always talked about the famous spots around that area.. Little did I know that there would be more to this. He got transferred to Berryville AR, and I stayed in Greenwood for the next six months. We also knew that we went home together from our mission.. Well then in February 2011 due to snow storms we got stuck in the mission home for almost a week. My parents then came to get me that Thursday and he flew to Boise Idaho to his family. We all exchanged information, and departed on our ways. I was having a hard time being home and making the adjustment of home life. I then was praying fervently for a best friend that would understand completely what I was going through. As soon as I offered that prayer the phone rang.. a number I didn't know as I answered it was ALEX.. We talked for a really long time about anything and everything. We then talked over a month and grew to be best friends.. I loved that I could be completely myself and tell him everything that I was feeling. We had good laughs about the dumb RM things that we would do or say. A month later I was headed to Utah to see friends and family. He asked me: are you stopping in La Grande? I then asked if I had reason too.. He then proceeded that we would go to lunch. So we planned it. I then packed up my stuff and was so excited for the road trip.. A few hours of being on the road, I got this feeling and was shocked at how I felt and questioned it. I called my dad freaking out!!! I said I am not ready for this feeling! why do I feel like this.. His words of wisdom was just don't get in the way of them.. I said I don't even understand them. Then I saw the sign that said LA GRANDE.. I of course pulled over to touch up what I then looked like:) Then called him and he met me. As soon as he pulled up all of my anxieties disappeared, we hugged and all my fears were gone. We went to lunch at a Chinese joint called Moys. When we got our food we both picked up our forks and twirled it in the rice and were looking around, he then said do you wanna say a prayer? Phew I thought yes!!! That would be great I remember saying:) What a great way to start our life together. I still remember the fortune that I got it said: The stranger you are with will change your life forever! He then asked me to read it.. I thought are you nuts you will think I am insane!! After I read it I took the biggest gulp of water and asked him to read his. His turned out to be worst then mine, he then grabbed the tab and said are you ready to go. Then went hiking around his property, and lost track of time. I casually mentioned union and how it was my favorite place, and then we took a drive out there.. he really just didn't want me to leave. Five hours later I was then on the road again.
The rest is pretty much history. We talked every night. He even made me miss my exit by an hour and a half in Utah and heard me freak out a little bit for being lost. A month after that he came here to McMinnville. I am so thankful for Alex being in my life, he truly has been the best thing that has ever been mine. I am so thankful for our life's journey so far. I truly look forward to living life side by side. I look forward to the trials that we will experience together hand in hand, for all the joys that will come our way and to have a family together. I am so thankful that he is a man of God. One who always follows the Prophet with exactness and who feasts upon the scriptures. He truly makes me want to be so much better than I am in all things. He is everything to me. It's been perfect ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment