Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The perfect day!

I want to start with one of my favorite quotes regarding temple work:

..." Through our efforts in their behalf, their chains of bondage will fall from them, and the darkness surrounding them will clear away, that light may shine upon them and they shall hear in the spirit world of the work that has been done for them by their {people} here and will rejoice with you, in your performance of these duties.
-President Joseph F. Smith.

Yesterday, we had the great privilege to go and attend the temple together. We really wanted to go before Mr. Paysen is here, Alex just happened not to have anything scheduled yesterday and his boss told him to go! So we left for Tri cities that morning. I am so glad that its two hours away. We had the best talk on the way down with no radio or music. I am so thankful that we are the best of friends and just love being together. We took our time going, and just had the best day.

I am so thankful for the temple and the sweet spirit that is felt there. Yesterday the session was just so touching and my heart was full through the whole thing. I am so thankful for the promises that we make there and for the rich blessings that are ours as we are faithful. I learned so much and just enjoyed every min. that we had there. As we were leaving I knew that we might not make it next month with just having a new baby and my heart hurt. I am so glad that there are temples on the earth and that we are able to attend.

We did our shopping there as well. We still had a few gift cards from our wedding. We found amazing deals and so we got new bedding {Which I am ecstatic about, it matches the projects that I have been doing for our room} We also had a 25.00 gift card to bed bath and beyond and they were having an amazing sell. We stocked up big time on hand soap for those who will be coming to hold the baby:) something on my list that I can check off. Also Alex got his Father's day gift, he has been wanting a new pair of shoes for church and we found the ones that he wanted for half the price!! Yahoo:) They look so sharp and I love them! Also I got the rest of Paysen's room done and found the things that we have been looking for. SUCCESS.

We went out for lunch there at panda express, we always hit the places that La Grande doesnt have which would be pretty much everything:) and then for dinner we went to red robin again! Fun to be just us and enjoy while we can a full day together.

After dinner we went to a movie.. We went and saw "what to expect when you are expecting" perfect fit~ It was pretty funny. Loved just being together and reflecting back through the pregnancy!! haha. We then did our big grocery shopping at winco! Love the prices and the things that we can stock up on.

Then at 11:00 pm we started for home. It was a perfect day. This morning Alex woke up and said thank you so much for yesterday, I just loved being with you all day and the talks and laughs that we had. We really had the time of our lives. Which really is everyday with us!!

sadly I didn't take any pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment