Monday, September 17, 2012

Canning Peaches :)

Last Monday Alysha, Bree, and I canned peaches!! We had so much fun and so did the babies. Paysen slept through most of it but the girls had fun playing in the boxes of the jars and with each other! We did pretty good for a box off peaches I got six quarts and Alysha got 8 or 10 pints.. We were really shocked at how much we ended up with. I am now addicted to canning and went and bought all of my own things to do more. Our ward has a few gardens and so we are going out there tomorrow. I really want a pressure cooker for Christmas ( hint hint Alex :) I am a dork and still haven't put my jars away because I love looking at them. Grandma Roberts and I have had fun talks lately about canning and she said that she was so proud of her canned tomatoes when she first learned to can. I love all of her tips and totally remember watching her and my momma can together. I think thats why I love it so much. I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and got another box of Peaches to can and today when I went to can them they were all rotten. I was so BUMMED but I am going to go tomorrow and get some more ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment