Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall is here!!

Alex the other night was registering for classes and that's when it started to sink in that fall was just around the corner! So on Aug. 31 I decided that I wanted to make a fall project, so I went out to where all of my craft things are and came up with this:) I love this time of year! I love that at night we can wear sweatshirts and cozy clothes, that football has started! Yesterday as we went for our Sunday drive, I noticed the leaves starting to change. I just find it remarkable the beauty that we live in! I am so thankful for seasons and having the different seasons in our lives as well.. I find there to be such significant similarities of all the changes that we get to experience as people here upon the earth. I am so thankful for the changes that we have experienced here lately. And that I am so grateful for our goals and what we are striving for. I know that many sacrifices are to be made to reach them and to become the people that we want to become.  How glad that it makes me to be engaged in such good causes. I am so proud of Alex for starting school and for being willing and ready to serve whenever asked. I have never met someone who tries so hard for others. This last week was tough for us with different challenges that came our way. I know that we came out stronger and better. Even during the mist of all of it, Alex still went out with the missionaries several times even when it meant he hadn't seen us, he would come home quickly change his clothes and be gone till into the night then change and go back to work till midnight. He had a lot of late night jobs and I didn't see him all week, but still we both went and saw those who were having a difficult time! It felt so good to serve and help in any way possible and doing so our load became lighter and happier. I am so glad for our opportunities as people and they come with changes. Even though we will miss summer and all of those memories that we made, we are embracing the fall and what this season will bring!! So this is what this project MEANS:)


I am loving the brightness of white:) I left it distressed


I then made the letters " F A L L"


I had fabric laying around actually from my mission. I then made flowers to go on it and add dimension..
 Walla I loved this project it took less than an hour and a half! and now its on my fireplace!


No comments:

Post a Comment