Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Getting our Christmas Tree

This year we decided to go out into the woods to cut our tree instead of a tree farm. We had a blast to say the least. We went with five other families from our ward who we love. We all found the perfect tree for our homes and then had hot dogs that we roasted in a fire, We loved going and it was a beautiful day. We went on December 1 st.


Our Family at Spring Creek out to find our Christmas Tree
 

Our Friend Kim held Paysen while Alex and I hiked to get our Christmas tree and to cut it down we had so much fun hiking and laughing so fun to just be with Al for a few mins to ourselves. I kept talking like Elf and saying we hiked through the candy cane forest and we made up a story of finding it :) 

It's a little Charlie Brown and at first I had a little lump in my throat because last year we had a "perfect" one but I got over it quickly and love our tree and the memories that we made getting it. 

 Paysen and I looking at Christmas Trees


 So we got it home and it touched the celling perfectly so we trimmed and we cut and WALLA our tree :) 


 I love this time of year and the spirit that it brings

It quickly became a beauty.

WE read a Christmas story right before we got the Tree about a little boy who's family couldn't afford a tree or Christmas and in primary they told of how a pioneer boy found his own Christmas tree and so he thought he would do the same so that his younger brother Aaron would have a good Christmas. And so he went to his home teacher's home and was thankful that they werent home and started to cut down a tree from their yard, but the ax was to big and it got stuck in the tree.. and his home teacher then comes home and helps him wipe away his tears and cuts down the tree and then is Santa for them. We cried through the whole thing and I am so grateful for our tree and that it isnt perfect. Each time I look at it I think of this story.

Our Decorations:



I love this quote

 The bottom of our Fireplace


Paysen Loves Christmas lights 
 
A sign that I made the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment