Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Festival of Trees

We went to our local festival of trees again this year! It was so much fun! It has been such a fun tradition that we do as a family. Alex had to work a ton that day so it was so nice that he took an hour off to go with us and then took us to lunch before we didn't see him the rest of the day/ night! Paysen has always been all about Santa but this year he is even more into him. For example there is a life size one at Wal Mart that dances and he makes us go and look at it three or four times while we are there before we can leave. He also has to watch The Santa Claus every day. I dont usually let him really watch movies or tv throughout the day but that is ALL he wants to do. So we have limited it to once a day :) It has made this time of year a lot of fun and magical. At the Festival of Trees he made lots of crafts and after he made his first one he took off running ( He has never ran from me or all of sudden ) and I was like buddy where are you going? He goes I am showing Santa what I made!! And he did this Santa was pretty lonely with not a lot of kids that wanted to sit on his lap... So Paysen went and just played with him! It was really sweet. The Santa was a good sport with him! The trees again were so beautifully done this year. We are going to donate a tree next year and gifts from Heaven's Best!! We meant to do it this year but forgot about it! We now have our name down etc. So we are set for next year :) It will be fun!

 This is now a new thing :) He always checks his hair before we go and makes sure that I hairspray it again before we leave the house :) All this time it has paid off lol.. I am pretty meticulous about how he looks!!

 He looked at me and said Look mom how big I am!! He is getting so grown up and talks like he is 12.. Stories keep coming during this post so I have to write this one down while I have it :) The other day I had my earrings in and he looked at me very seriously and said mom I don't like those.. take them off now. I could not stop laughing and yet I was like well I do.
 My sweet boy!! I know I say sweet every time I talk or post something about him but I am always amazed at how sweet he really is..

S A N T A



 Decorating a cookie it of course has to be BLUE!!! Everything has to be blue with him! :)

 Paysen's favorite tree of course... He loved the Football one :)

 Reindeer candy cane
 Showing Santa and playing with him with it :)

 He made a Reindeer sack full of magic and oats to sprinkle on the lawn for the Reindeer and he also added sparkles so that they will for sure stop at our house!





 He also made a snowman string cheese... After he made it though he was ready to eat it :)

 It was such a fun day!!

That night we added more to our Tree and got the rest of the decorations out!




No comments:

Post a Comment