Sunday, July 29, 2012

Our trip to Utah/ The Merkley's are HOME!!

So last week we decided that we wanted to go to Utah for a long weekend to go to our mission reunion and to hear our mission President and his wife speak as they just got home from the OTM.. (Oklahoma Tulsa Mission) We also invited my mother in law to come along so that we could take her to see her mom. We had a great trip down.. We left around six pm and got there about four in the morning. We stayed at Alex's Uncle and Aunt's place. We then got up and had breakfast and then Alex, Paysen, and I went on a shopping spree!! :) Alex of course spoiled us. We then had lunch as a family and then headed back to get ready and then head to American Fork for the reunion. We for some reason thought that it was in Spanish Fork so we had a little detour.. The Gps still got us to a LDS church just the wrong one.. We got the address from Sister St. Clair ( that should explain it) haha just kidding right address just wrong city.. So we then headed to American Fork:) We had so much fun seeing everyone and Paysen was so good the entire time. We had fun showing him off and showing old companions him!! We also reconnected with everyone from the district that we both served in! We had so much fun talking about all of our memories. The Merkleys took so much time with us and when Alex asked if they would like to hold him, President said " would we like to hold him!!!" He had him a lot of the time and would come to get him! It was so precious and meant so much for the two of us. Also their son David who has down syndrome absolutely adored Paysen, he was so sweet with him and kept touching him and saying sweet baby! Cute baby! He was by my side part of the time which I loved and kept thinking about Jared from my mission. I couldn't wait to meet David. the whole timePresident Merkley and I talked about him while I was on my mission and I am so glad that I finally got to meet him! The next day President Merkley said David woke up this morning and they asked how he liked last night and all he could say was cute baby. They told us we totally made his week. We couldn't of had a better time. All of my companions were there except for two and we felt like we knew pretty much everyone there too fun!! So fun to talk about the people in the mission and to talk about old memories!! We laughed sooo much.. Some of the best memories that we treasure and talk about so frequently in our home. I love that Alex and I hold such a special place in our hearts for our mission president and his dear wife!! We love them so much and are constantly talking about what they taught us. The only horrible part is we got so carried away talking to everyone that we didn't get many pictures only towards the end did I even think about it.. Same to everyone else no one was taking pictures.. But here are the ones that I did get just on my phone and I am a horrible wife because I only got me with some of my companions.. none of Alex with his... So here they are

 Age with Paysen and me.. So fun to see her!!


 April Moore.. Now Butler she also married an Elder from our mission :) We are known as the OTM couples


 Amy Stallings!!! Love this girl and we have missed each other so much!




Katherine Jorgensen and me

Also Whitney Day and Ashlee Johnson I just didnt get pictures with them:(

 President Merkley with Paysen



 My sweet family with the Merkleys! We love them and look up to them so much

We then stayed in Provo that night at Alex's Grandma's condo and we stayed with his cousin Nate and his roommate we had fun hanging out with them that night. We had the whole upstairs to ourselves and bathroom so that was nice. We then went to church at 11:00 and listened to the Merkley's. More missionaries made it to that. They gave the best talks and we were so emotional through the whole thing. It was such a tribute to us missionaries. It was truly amazing. I was so touched by the spirit and it felt like I was back at a zone conference again. It was so uplifting to feel the spirit of my mission again, and to reflect on the people who changed my life for the better and my husbands life forever. Afterward we all talked and reconnected for the next three hours or so... Hard to say good bye to everyone. We then drove by the MTC and talked about our time there and drove up to the Provo temple. We also drove by where I talked to Alex till four in the morning everyday after our first date where I stayed with Brittainy Rieske ( from my mission) too fun. We also went by the tabernacle and cant wait to do a session when it becomes a temple:) We enjoyed our day together as a family


 Missionaries walking to the temple:)


 Provo Temple
 Paysen after church

 Our sweet boy
The tabernacle

Where I stayed after I had lunch with Alex for the first time.. A lot of phone hours were spent here:) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment