Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Another Wood Project:)

After I asembled my wood piece and then sanded it, here was the first paint

I left it looking rustic on purpose, all the wood nix's are all natural 



Then I painted the writing.. We now have it hanging in our sons room..Under it will be his blessing pictures
I loved doing this project for Paysen's room.. It was time consuming though.. I started at eight in the morning and then finished at four that afternoon.. I did have to wait for the paint to dry and in between I worked. I assembled it with a power tool haha.. But I just took a piece of wood and cut it 4 in a half inches and then I assembled all of the pieces to another piece of wood so that it would give it dimension. Alex also added a smaller piece so that we could hang it on the wall.. I then sanded it and then painted. I wanted it rustic looking so I kept the nix's in the wood instead of painting over them. I then painted it red and then added the letters. It was a little difficult having this pregnant belly in front of me to lean over and paint but regardless I think it turned out!. I just loved this saying and wanted it somewhere in his room!! Underneath we plan to put his blessing pictures of him and one of us on that day underneath this sign. It now resides above his changing table/ dresser that I also am redoing:) Pictures to come!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want to make one now too... I love that you are blogging a lot more!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete