Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY

 We had a great Memorial Day. I was just really horrible at taking pictures. On Thursday I went up and spent time with just my dad. We had a great time together. I also spent time with Grandma Roberts and had the best talk with her.. I ll always cherish that talk and the things that we talked about. I look up to her so much and am so thankful for the relationship that we have. Grandma, Grandpa, Dad and I were able to meet Alex after work for dinner at the truck stop, and then we all drove back to camp. AL and I got our Tahoe ready to sleep in:) fun fun.. We love Ukiah and the memories that we have there!


The rest of our family came over that night and got in about one in the morning. So fun to see all of them and be with them for the weekend. Of course our days consisted of drives, ice cream cones, trips to Ukiah, relaxing, crafts, talking, laughs, campfires, no make up, and love just being together. It was a fun get away even though we live so close:)

On Friday: We had everyone over for dinner at our home. We loved it. Alex and I cooked for everyone and I just loved having everyone in our home. We had pineapple and strawberries for our appetizer, then Alex made his Teriyaki chicken, and I made mash potatoes, salad, corn on the cob, and then we had ice cream with strawberries for dessert!! Fun Fun!! All the girls stayed and we went swimming at our athletic club and the boys went back to camp.. Us girls then met up with Susan and her family and went to DQ!!

Saturday we went on lots of day trips of looking for elk and deer. We saw a ton and had fun.. We had S'mores that night around the camp fire.. the best part was trying to get kale to go for a snipe hunt with sessie.. She scared the poor kid to death.

Sunday we went to the truck stop for breakfast with all of us. Little Ayla pulled a kaylee rose and went missing for a little bit.. We also went to Ukiah for an ice cream cone. Susan and her family came up that night and we had a great dinner with them and had fun getting back rubs and talking.

Monday morning of course came way too soon but I think we were all a little exhausted and ready for some good sleep.. It of course is always hard to say good bye to family. I cried my whole drive home but thats alright. Thankfully it wont be too long before we are together again. Our bed did feel great to be in again!
The girls at Dairy Queen after swimming;)
Ayla and Alex at our house for dinner. Ayla loved corn on the cob!
Campfire fun!!

Papa andAyla

Playing with stickers while we did crafts..

Snuggles with Uncle Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment