Monday, May 7, 2012

Tri Cities

On Saturday we went to Tri Cities Washington for the day! We had the best time together for just a day get away! We ate at Red Robin as soon as we got there and then shopped till we dropped. We mainly went to pick up the last piece of furniture for Paysen's room and the rest of his decorations etc. We got the best deal at big lots for his changing table/ dresser combo! I am so excited about it. I still have to do a little work to it to make it match his room so that will be this week's project along with many others. Alex loved going to four huge crafts stores with me as well ( just ask him) haha.. He is a good sport, and loves finding things for his little boys room. I finally feel like my shopping need has been filled!! ahh it just felt so good to be in stores other than Wal Mart refreshing.. It was a beautiful day as well which makes shopping that much more enjoyable. I just love being with Alex and doing things with him.. The car ride was probably one of the highlights just holding hands and talking the whole way!
Us on the way there


Our yummy lunch at Red Robin
My sweet husband on our date:)
 After running around like crazy to get all of our shopping done we went to the temple and did a session! This of course was the cherry on top of the cake!! It felt so good to be in the temple together. I had never gone to the Columbia River temple but it was gorgeous and a sweet little temple. It is so crazy how small the world is in the church. There were two ladies sitting and a chair in between them and at first I wasn't going to sit in between both of them but then last min. decided too. Then as soon as I sat down I of course started to have a hot flash and was like I should of sat by myself on the back row.. But then I started to talk to the lady by me and her son is leaving for the mtc at the end of the month and her other son returns five days later so they just miss each other.. Her one son is coming home from the little rock mission in Arkansas.. I told her that I also served in Arkansas in the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission, and then she said that her daughter in law served in one of the Oklahoma missions but wasn't sure which one probably the Oklahoma city one.. Then she said she has long red hair, I then said Trina?? and she said YES!! and I was like oh that was my trainer's Trainer. So fun! She is expecting in Aug. and so we talked about that and that we are expecting in June.  It made me miss my mission and the people. It was great to reflect on the people there and to think of those who have received their endowments and are now sealed to their families. I couldn't help but think of Joseph Harris, The Holloway family, Elizabeth and her family, Norman Cox who is patiently waiting for her cancellation of her sealing to her former husband, Deborah Skelton, and many others. It was a wonderful time! I am also so thankful that we had planned to go to the temple I felt such peace and we have been so worried about my brother and his family, with my sister in law being early in her pregnancy with twins and already contracting that I am so glad that we were able to put their names in the temple.
I love to see the temple

It was such a gorgeous night coming out of the temple! I love a warm summer night

So thankful for the promises made and given here
Our last stop then was winco!! We didnt really realize how much cheaper winco is!! I thought we spent 150 at least and it was 79.00!!! We are going to start going once a month for groceries. Little La Grande has three stores to get groceries at and so they can really charge what they want.. which sometimes is outrageous! It was nice to buy things that we don't usually like light string cheese lol.. We had fun!! Alex loved speaking Spanish to so many there so it took a little while to get out of there.. We finally started for home around ten o clock and the moon was so big and bright the whole way home! We also stopped in Pendleton at Dennys for a late night snack and then made it home around 12:30 AM unloaded and went to bed!! Fun times
The gorgeous moon that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment